R&I Opportunities for a Fossil-Free Europe
Time & Location
About the Event
With the Green Deal and the Climate Law, the European Union (EU) has strongly engaged to take the global lead in mitigating climate change. To serve this effort, numerous initiatives and funding opportunities are arising to support R&I towards a more sustainable and fossil-free industry.
SUNERGY and CO2 Value Europe are co-organising a brokerage virtual event to present and discuss EU funding opportunities related to Carbon Capture and Utilisation (CCU) and fossil free fuels, chemicals and materials.
The event will take place on Thursday, the 29th of April 2021 from 1pm to 4:15pm (CET) and will include presentations of the new Horizon Europe program as well as the Innovation Fund. Moreover, participants will be given the opportunity to pitch their ideas and to participate in B2B and round-table discussions during the last hour of the event.
For more information, see agenda below.
About the organisers:
SUNERGY is a pan-European research and innovation platform that gathers science, industry and other key players to work towards the conversion and storage of renewable energy into fossil-free fuels and chemicals to reach a climate neutral Europe.
CO2 Value Europe is a non-profit organization representing the Carbon Capture and Utilisation (CCU) community in Europe. Its mission is to promote the development of sustainable industrial solutions that convert CO2 into valuable products (materials, fuels or chemicals) to mitigate climate change and move away from fossil resources.
- Welcome & introduction: Anastasios Perimenis, Secretary General, CVE 5 min
- About C02 Value Europe: Célia Sapart, Director Communications & Climate Science, CVE 8 min
- About SUNERGY: Bert Weckhuysen, Utrecht University, SUNERGY Coordinator 8 min
- Horizon Europe: overall approach & vision: Søren Bowadt, Deputy Head of Unit, European Health & Digital Executive Agency 15 min
- EIC Challenge based calls on Green Technologies: Francesco Matteucci and Marco Antonio Pantaleo, EIC Greentech Programme Managers, 10 min
- Presentation of Innovation Fund: Maria Velkova, Policy Officer, Finance for Low Carbon Innovation, DG CLIMA 10 min
- Q&As 5 min
- Break 10 min
- Presentation of most relevant calls in Horizon Europe cluster 4 & 5: Frédéric Chandezon, CEA, SUNERGY Deputy Coordinator 20 min
- Pitches ~ 8 pitches foreseen 30 min
- Networking/bilateral conversations + breakout sessions (Conversation Starter platform) All speakers and participants 1 hour
- Conclusions & next steps SUNERGY & CVE 10 min
Moderator: Anastasios Perimenis, Secretary General, CVE